Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Back in Edmonton

Here are some random pictures, first of all.











1) "Heeeyyyy!" kids at the children's home love pictures

2) A child gets her "Operation Christmas Child" box. "Let's take lots of pictures and show them around... everyone likes happy children."

3) The "dhobie ghat", where people was your clothes

4) The milk project, where kids who don't get enough protien in their diet are given milk and egg once a week.

5) "Hey... if we miss the bus to school, we can play guns!"

6) Ummm... it's another tiger picture. Wait until I see a cheetah up close, you will never hear the end of it.

7) Look closely at the tourist's head. Up above it are the wild pigs the tiger is stalking.

8) Frick, I love monkeys. Everything about them is funny. (Except maybe this picture)

9) Trained elepant. Surrounded by both elephant poo and pee.

10) A beautiful man on the beautiful Amber Fort.

First things first: Seems like I've written a lot lately (I enjoy it for some reason, plus lots has been happening) so you might want to look at other, more important posts before this one if you haven't read for a while.

So, I,m back... Everything went well, except for some foolish lady in Toronto, who got some luggage misplaced after we went through customs. (I had to fly from Toronto to Edmonton.)

Woman at counter: "Place your luggage on belt 2"
(Jens obediently places his luggage on belt 2)
Woman in uniform standing there: Stop! Put your luggage on belt 1! Jens: Uh, the ticket agent said to put it on belt 2. Besides, the sign for belt 2 says "going to Canadian locations' and belt 1 says "going to the U.S."
Lady: "Don't listen to the signs, just put it on belt 1!!!"

Shockingly, our luggage did not make it, but the airline is kindly gonna drive it to my house. On the flight back to Edmonton, I sat between a newlywedish couple that didn't want to give up their ailse-and-window seats to sit together, so I spent 4 hours trying to sleep while the two of them teased each other over top of me, and grabbed my arm every time the girl needed to pee, which seemed to happen a lot.

I'll be moderately busy and out-of-town for the next month. I may still blog stuff as it comes to me... but my travelling begins anew on Jan. 3, where (Internet acess permitting) I will try to write more stuff.

To everyone that took the time to read about my India trip, thank you.

No comments: