Sunday, December 24, 2006

Filth-Man's 2006 in Review

Filth-Man's 2006 in Review

I realize the prententiousness of assuming people care, so I don't. This post was just something to do. It's amazing how much long the few days of "down time" can get.


Notes:

My travel schedule for South Africa is at
http://filth-man.blogspot.com/2006/12/travel-plans-following-is-my-itinerary.html. I also made it a "link" for quick acess.


After researching Universalism a bit, I added a comment about it on my hell post (9th one down): https://www2.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=32606743&postID=3199615627672636954

Jan:
I began my final term of studies at the U of A. The physical torture of training camp (mantra during the stair runs: "never again! never again!") contrasted nicely with the mental torture of the brain-sucking cesspool that was my classes. While my classmates learned such complex theorems as "Africa is a continent" I experienced the true meaning of boredom.


















rsf.gsfc.nasa.gov (altered by Filth-man)

Feb:

I placed 3rd at the Canada West wrestling championships. Also, I began my APT (Advanced Practical Term, the final practicum before becoming a teacher). Life was good.















March:
I placed 5th at the CIS wrestling championships, as did our team. It was fun, though, unlike my APT. I would rather not put my experiences online for all the world- including potential employers- to see, but would be glad to complain in person to anyone who cares. I was depressed until I decided to translate my sadness into anger. It actually kinda worked.


















April:
SWEET MOSES! My APT ended, and I became a teacher, on paper at least. Many thanks to the people at my school that helped me through a pretty difficult times. You guys may never read this, but you rock! I wrestled in the Canadian Sr. Championships and placed 3rd in Greco-Roman.




















May:

I began work for an Irrigation company, which is is a fancy of way of saying "wielded a muddy shovel". TheEdmonton Oilers, our city's NHL team, tore up the opposition for 3 straight rounds to reach the Stanley Cup Finals. Whyte Ave was alive with celebration, riots and over-eager police trying to restore order.















aunderwood.com/galley

June:
One heart-breaking game. Two friggin' goals off lucky bounces. The Oilers lost the Stanley Cup in 7 games to Carolina (3-1), and the entire city went into mourning. (http://www.nhl.com/cupcrazy/2006/serieso/game7_recap.html) Losing sucks. Sucks suck sucks.














ctv.ca

July:
Barbarian Camp! Led by myself and the fearless Caleb, we waged battles, captured women, and destroyed a lifetime worth of manners and inhibition. And, uh, taught kids about God. Lucid Elusion's barbaric picture gallery can be found at http://www.flickr.com/photos/hibbert/sets/72157594402208864/. I also started dating the wonderful Kathryn.














Aug:
I got the greatest hair cut of all time.














Sept:
Back to school- NOT! I kept Irrigating. I also set a new time record in the "in a relationship" department. Thanks Kathryn.


Oct: See September. I competed in my job's annual Losey Cup, a Rock-Paper-Scissors championship . I got rocked (and papered, and scissored).












Nov: Hmmm, let's see. What did I do in November... not much, really.. oh, right, I went to India. (See most of blog.)













Dec: I spent entirely too much time on the computer, including, but not limited to, this blog. I went to Winnipeg and am going to Winter Camp Tomorrow. Then Africa.











Happy New Year Everyone!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kathryn sums up Jens' year in three sentences:

Jens finished school and got a summer job. Jens also competed in wrestling at Nationals, directed a summer camp and got to go to India. Oh yes....ME, glorious me :)

Filth- Man said...

The glorious Kathryn has spoken. Clearly she needs to be the "brevity editor" for Filth-Man.

Unknown said...

I also enjoy how I am right below your horrific skullet picture. What a lucky girl I am :)

Filth- Man said...

My girlfriend, my skullet... the two most beautiful things in my life!