Sunday, January 07, 2007

Arrival in South Africa


Hi all... I really have nothing to say but I'm online anyway.

My first few days have been fun. On my first day I arrived at 10 am and spent the day helping my sister move all her stuff from one residence to another, including but not limited to rolling a man-sixed box up 2 flights of stairs. Afterwards, I was dizzy-tired. On the 4th we went to the Waterfront, which is quite beautiful. We even saw some seals down at the docks, right behind the man assuring us "no seals here, no seals!" (The water front is the touristy area of Cape Town on the ocean, filled with restaurants and tour guides and trips to cool, exciting places like Robben Island. ) I also met a bunch of my sisters friends, who are quite cool. Today I climbed Devil's peak, the peak of Table mountain (see pic). I spend all morning up there, climbing up and down, and I am quite exhausted. Time to hit the beach!!!

2 comments:

Lucid Elusion said...

I hate you. First in-flight space invaders, then South African mountain climbing... what will be next, climbing a waterfall & holding onto a branch for your dear life?! Jerkface. ;) Glad you're having fun—enough for all of us! Maybe one day, I'll have fun again too... one day.

Filth- Man said...

Gee LE, you're pretty prophetic:) I'm sorry you're not having fun right now. I think my stay will become less exciting and more work-ish soon enough.